[Incubator] Incubation Committee meeting Monday 17th

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 05:57:38 EST 2012

On 14/01/12 11:00, Arnulf Christl wrote:
> On 01/13/2012 06:05 AM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> On 12/01/12 23:46, Daniel Morissette wrote:
>>> I agree that we should avoid implying that we had a formal
>>> legal/lawyer review. Perhaps the "Legal" section could be named
>>> "Intellectual Property and License"?
>> Good idea, I've updated the title in the wiki with "Intellectual
>> Property and License"
>>
> 2Ct sideways: ...if at all possible I would try to avoid using the term
> "Intellectual Property" in official statements because it is a malicious
> Meme. Simply by using it we subscribe to the concept. But Open Source
> does not function on "intellectual property" (if I ever have to use it,
> I at least put it in quotes).
>
> Best regards,
> Arnulf

This section about checking license, patents, copyright, trademark is
becoming tricky to title.
"Legal" has been rejected, as it implies a lawyer has been involved. (We
don't have budget for lawyers).

"Intellectual Property" is now being suggested against, as it goes
against of free-loving philosophy.

Arnulf, would you care to suggest an alternative heading?
Would you be happy with quotes inserted as:
     License and "Intellectual Property"

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Graduation_Checklist#Intellectual_Property_and_LicenseLicense

--
Cameron Shorter