[Incubator] Invitation Repsonse

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 04:27:57 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 14 July 2012 at 4:17 AM, Landon Blake wrote:
> I thought I would respond to Jody's invitation to volunteer. I'm
> pretty busy with the Journal, but if I can provide some mentoring to
> any projects in incubation, please let me know. (I'd really like to
> see OpenJUMP do that one day, and this experience would probably be
> helpful.)

You would be most welcome!
> I mostly code in Java, though I know a bit of Python and Lisp. Let me
> know if there are projects in incubation I can help.

Matching coding skills with a project is not a requirement; mostly we are focused answering any
questions a project has as they go through incubation. It is nice if you can sign up to a project's
email list and introduce yourself in that capacity. We also ask you to keep an eye out for how
decisions are made (as we have this goal of open development for OSGeo projects to strive for).