[Incubator] results from board meeting

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 01:25:58 PDT 2012

The minuets for the meeting are not written up yet (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2012-06-07) but I did hunt through the logs for the following:

> 18:00:07 * seven now prepares for her most important event for today:
> 18:00:09 seven: Incubation committee motions:
> 18:00:12 seven: tadaaa
> 18:00:17 seven: PostGIS has completed incubation requirements, project officer Paul Ramsey
> 18:00:25 seven: Heyho \o/
> 18:00:29 archaeogeek: this is a big thing!!!
> 18:00:32 FrankW: second, +1
> 18:00:35 dmorissette: +1
> 18:00:39 seven: +1
> 18:00:46 seven: Very nice.
> 18:00:48 archaeogeek: +1 obviously
> 18:00:58 * seven is delighted to step away as mentor.
> 18:01:05 seven: They almost did me in.
> 18:01:09 FrankW: I also feel that the entrance of Optiks and Zoo into incubation should be addressed as board motions as we have done in the past.
> 18:01:15 seven: Next:
> 18:01:16 seven: Note that Opticks and Zoo-Project have entered the incubation process
> 18:01:32 FrankW: to that end I would like to introduce motions.
> 18:01:38 seven: Motion to have Opticks and Zoo-Project enter the incubation process
> 18:01:46 FrankW: +1
> 18:01:48 pmbatty: +1
> 18:01:49 dmorissette: +1
> 18:01:49 seven: +1
> 18:01:53 archaeogeek: optiks or opticks?

With that in mind mentors are free to take the next step and we can update the main OSGeo page.

Aside: I had thought of making a formal blog post on the topic; but I think it will go better if we have three separate posts (it will give us a chance to congratulate PostGIS, and introduce each of the new projects without that getting lost in the noise).