[Incubator] Speak up if you think the draft "Project Graduation Checklist" has any remaining issues

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:51:32 EST 2012

Thinking:

It is something we look for - but it is something we look for before accepting a project into incubation is it not (see http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/application.html).

Still adding a section (at the top!) called "open" would be good.

Rather than go back and forth on email I have added the section and invite your review.

Additional comments in line.

> - To be honest I do not understand why committee requirements are
> grouped under a "Community" top-level section that falls outside the
> checklist section... is this intended or a mistake?

It is intended; it is not part of the basic checklist required for graduation. We could rename the section as "OSGeo Participation" if you like …

Basically the incubation committee is not acting as an enforcer for other committees; instead we open the door to the foundation after checking the project has an open source license and is not otherwise embarissing in public.

> section be called "other committee requirements" or something like that?
> Shouldn't this
> And also let's make it clear whether those requirements from other
> committees are part of the graduation checklist or not (since this group
> falls outside the "= Checklist =" grouping it's not clear whether they
> are hard requirements or not).

So yes this is very much intentional; it was hard in previous version of this checklist to separate out what was needed form what was an invitation.

> - With respect to the "Community" sub-section itself, I'd be tempted to
> change that title to be a second-level like the others (i.e. ==
> Community ==) and make it fit in the master checklist, and then add a
> checklist item "Project has demonstrated that it has an open and
> active/healthy users and developers community."
>
> Sorry for the late feedback...
It is okay; can you review the page quickly? I will make sure I am on IRC if you want to talk things over.