[Incubator] Speak up if you think the draft "Project Graduation Checklist" has any remaining issues

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 05:41:19 EST 2012

On 6/03/2012 11:48 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> On 12-03-06 2:51 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>> Thinking:
>>
>> It is something we look for - but it is something we look for before
>> accepting a project into incubation is it not (see
>> http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/application.html).
>>
>> Still adding a section (at the top!) called "open" would be good.
>>
>> Rather than go back and forth on email I have added the section and
>> invite your review.
>>

> Thank you very much Jody. This new "open" section does the trick for me.
>
> I made only one small edit to the "OSGeo Committees and Community"
> section, I added the following sentence to make it clear that these
> are not checked as part of graduation:
>
> "These expectations are not mandatory requirements before graduation,
> but a project should be prepared to address them in order to be
> considered a good OSGeo citizen."
>
> Link to latest version:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Draft_Project_Graduation_Checklist_Draft
>
> Thanks again

Daniel, thanks for your suggestions about "open" - it is an important
suggestion.

I've removed the "Open" section that Jody introduced, as it is
duplicating the same information as is provided in the "Processes"
section. The one new part to the "Open" section was "Use Open Source"
and has been moved under "Copyright" section.

I've tweaked a bit of formatting too.

Differences here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Draft_Project_Graduation_Checklist_Draft&action=historysubmit&diff=61135&oldid=61100

Final here: