[Incubator] Motion: GEOS to Graduate Incubation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 20 02:26:33 EDT 2012

Motion: GEOS is recommended to the board for graduation from the incubation
process.

---

The status and provenance review documents can be found at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GEOS_Incubation_Status
   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GEOS_Provenance_Review

I have been somewhat cautious about recommending GEOS for graduation because
the developer base was rather small, and there wasn't much indication of
processes like RFCs and voting being used much.  However, I feel the project
is functioning well, with several contributors and has shown itself effective
even if it is small in terms of the active community.

So on that basis, I would like to recommend it for graduation as GEOS Mentor.