[Incubator] Initial Report Draft available for review

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 21 01:54:54 EDT 2012

On 12-03-18 04:04 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Wiki page here:
> - http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee_Report_2011
>
> I was able to fill in some sections (for example gvSIG) based on email sent the
> mailing list this year. However for many projects I am drawing a blank.
>
> Can I ask mentors to contact their respective projects for a status update.
> Given that these projects have not completed incubation this represents a good
> way to publish progress in http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_Report_2011

Jody,

I'd suggest keeping the report simple.  The first section is good, and
include a list of projects in incubation but without per-project notes.
Then perhaps a plea for folks familiar with the incubation process to get
involved as mentors.

Once you try to nag a bunch of people into producing per-project details
it is going to be a bother and produce a report too long for most people to
read.

I learned a new phrase recently "TL;DR".  For those with their head in the
sand like me, this means "Too Long ; Didn't Read".  Lets just keep it short
and too the point and it won't be so stressful to produce either!