[Incubator] Motion: OGC Team project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:42:40 PDT 2012

Interesting.

For reference the GeoServer project broke down the activities into tasks (in order to gauge level of effort prior to applying) and then put names next to tasks (no sense approving an activity if nobody is willing to do the work).

This solution is not perfect, as our plans for GeoServer incubation were disrupted by some Q&A and then a Release. Still in our most recent meeting we started dividing up the work again.

Reference: http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/GSIP+38+-+Join+Open+Source+Geospatial+Foundation