[Incubator] Committer Responsibility Guidelines Examples?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:41:27 PDT 2012

Morning Cameron:

Over on the GeoMoose PSC list we have been going over your following feedback:
> I'd also like to see "Commiter Responsibilities Guidelines" embedded into a "Software Developers Guide" or similar. I'm afraid the link to meeting minutes doesn't constitute guidelines.

Do you have any specific examples in mind? I was able to hunt down a couple of examples from projects I work on:
Here are some examples from projects I work on:

GeoTools: "Thou shalt not break the buildDon't break the build"
- http://docs.geotools.org/latest/developer/roles/index.html

GeoServer: "over time some rules and conventions have emerged"
- http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/developer/policies/comitting.html

The GeoMOOSE Coding Standards to cover the same kind of material: "DRY, UI separation etc.."
- http://www.geomoose.org/developer/standards.html