[Incubator] OSGeo incubation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:41:26 PDT 2012

Excellent question:

You open a ticket, there is also a questionnaire (which is where the content of that ticket comes from).

Before a project leaves graduation we try and make sure it has a diverse committer list (i.e. more then one developer / organisation). We have just seen too many cool projects be hung up on a shelf :(  So having only one developer now, makes it hard to attract a mentor.

We also have an OSGeo Lab thing for smaller / starting projects but I do not know much about it. I will CC the incubation list and we can ask for more information on that one.

All the best and bald you enjoyed the slides.