[Incubator] Next Phase of OSGeo Incubation

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 17:37:31 PST 2013

The next phase of OSGeo Incubation focuses on community functioning. I'll
need help from you guys to answer the following questions:

1) What are the resources available for users? (This includes mailing
lists, bug trackers, documentation, video tutorials...) How are these
resources maintained, and by whom? Where are they made available? Let's get
a list together.

2) Where are the source and binary packages of the software available for
download? Who maintains these resources and keeps them in synch with new
releases of the project?

3) Is the OTB team building binary packages for different platforms? Are
these being made freely available? If so, where? What process is there to
keep the binary builds for different platforms in synch?

4) How many active developers are there? From which organizations? Let's
get a list together.

After we answer these questions we can start to talk about project
governance and the project steering committee.

Thanks for the help!

Landon