[Incubator] Preliminary OSGeo Incubation Labs Inventory

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:16:57 PDT 2013

I completed a preliminary inventory of projects in OSGeo Incubation Labs
today. The inventory looked at 4 aspects of each of the projects that
self-identified as a member of labs. These 4 aspects were:

1) Community Resources
2) Programmer Resources
3) Project Governance
4) Project Marketing

Next week I will work with the project points-of-contact on eliminating the
"unknown" data values. (There are currently quite a few of these.)

Then I'd like to put together a standard community building and marketing
plan that can be tweaked according to the specific status of each project
in Labs. In this plan I'd like to focus on community building and project
marketing. I included programmer resources and project governance in my
inventory, but I sort of thought those aspects should be cheifly addressed
in the actual incubation process. I thought Labs would focus on helping
projects gain users and contributors.

I'll see if I can help (or recruit help) for projects in Labs on things
like logo design, web site maintenance, and user/programmer documentation.

Then we can work on some joint marketing efforts, like an OSGeo Incubations
Labs distribution or some articles highlighting projects in the Labs in the
pages of the OSGeo Journal.

At any rate, my inventory is attached and I'll be trying to do a bit more
work before the end of this month.

Landon