[Incubator] status update for board [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Wed Jun 19 19:15:27 PDT 2013

Hi Jody,

_Rasdaman Incubation Status Update_

The Rasdaman Incubation checklist is being maintained at [1].

My general observations on the project for the last period are:

 *   Overall, the project appears to be in good shape, with 26 new user registrations this month alone.
 *   Project activity has increased with a marked increase in email traffic on the developer and user lists.
 *   Considerable activity is occuring related to documenting and fine tuning of software release processes, including tying these to processes relating to the use of git.
 *   Work is underway to support git branching with a view towards maintained releases.
 *   Work is under way to support regression testing for OGC compliance e.g. WCPS and WCS.
 *   Work is underway to improve the testing framework.
 *   Rasdaman's CRS name resolver has been deployed as OGC's official CRS name resolver.
 *   I'm starting to see future planning activities being presented to the Rasdaman Community for comment. This is good to see.
 *   We still don't have documented processes describing a range of factors, however I anticipate that these will come in time. Some examples are:
    *   Project Governance and processes
    *   Who is on the Project Steering Committee? How are PSC members (s)elected, replaced etc? What are the responsibilities of the PSC?
    *   What Code review is expected for new contributions? Who does this review?
    *   How are Commiters selected? What are their responsibilities? How is commit status reviewed?
 *   The project has a reasonably well defined roadmap [2]. What I'm not clear on yet is e.g.:
    *   How was this roadmap has been defined?
    *   What community review process is used to arrive at the roadmap?
    *   How were relative priorities determined?
    *   How are new priorities balanced against existing priorities?

Bruce

[1] http://www.rasdaman.org/wiki/OSGeoIncubationChecklist

[2] http://www.rasdaman.org/roadmap

status=reopened&component=Incubator&order=priority>