[Incubator] osgeo website incubation category

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 20:20:15 PDT 2013

As per other email, I was catching up with incubation tasks, including listing the CITE Team Engine project on our website.

I would like to make an "Incubation Projects" category (rather than the little <> shape).

The ticket is here: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1115 (but requires a motion from the incubation committee).

With that in mind:

I motion that Incubation Projects remain listed on the OSGeo webpage, under a distinct "incubation" category.

My goals with this proposal are two fold:
- Continue to list incubation projects
- In a manner that highlights the fact that they are in incubation

Motivation is driven in part by this excellent presentation (http://www.slideshare.net/arnulfchristl/agi-swkeynote-arnulfchristlintroducingopen) showcasing how OSGeo acts a  badge of trust / QA.

All the projects in incubation have areas they are working on, and as a committee we have not yet recommended them to the OSGeo board. The osgeo home page represent's the foundations view on the world, and these projects are not yet in a position to be recommended.