[Incubator] Fwd: Motion for pycsw to enter Incubation process

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Sat Mar 23 04:46:15 PDT 2013

+1

Looks good. Looking forward to seeing it go through Incubation.

Cheers,
Arnulf

On 03/22/2013 08:36 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Same here, +1. Thank you Tom for providing the extra details and
> I'm looking forward to finding out more about pycsw.
>
> Daniel
>

> On 13-03-22 4:05 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Based on Tom's description of downstream community, I'm confident
>> that the pycsw project has sufficient interest that it is set to
>> become an important Open Source project for a long time to come.
>> I'm +1 for bringing pycsw into incubation.
>>
>> On 23/03/2013 7:01 AM, Tom Kralidis wrote:
>>> Cameron: thanks for the ping. For reference, the initial
>>> application can be found at
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1029 To elaborate on
>>> Cameron's comments: - pycsw powers GeoNode
>>> (http://geonode.org/) CSW server functionality - pycsw powers
>>> Open Data Catalogue
>>> (https://github.com/azavea/Open-Data-Catalog) CSW server
>>> functionality.  ODC is part of Code for America
>>> (http://brigade.codeforamerica.org/applications/6) - pycsw has
>>> been chosen to power CKAN (http://ckan.org/) CSW server
>>> functionality, replacing the current CSW component.
>>> Integration is in progress
>>> (http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pycsw-devel/2013-January/000152.html).

CKAN will power the next iteration of the US data.gov project
>>> (http://ckan.org/2013/02/04/us-data-gov-to-use-ckan/) The
>>> abovementioned projects have significant and active
>>> communities, and as a result some pycsw activity and discussion
>>> naturally happens in those spaces. Hope this helps.  And
>>> looking forward to the incubation requirements being flushed
>>> out and more clearly articulated moving forward.

This criteria is extremely important to me, it is at the top of my

and then my comments about FDO's lack of comunity and open

I even remember having a face to face meeting with the FDO guys