[Incubator] Request to use Osgeo infrastructure for project

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 7 08:35:39 PST 2013

Yann,

A mailing list is easy for me to do.  If you file a SAC ticket at:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/newticket

With the component set to "SAC" I'll create it. Make sure you list the
exact name of the list, and what email address you want used for the owner.

Best regards,
Frank

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Yann Chemin <ychemin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good questions,
>
> I think mostly mailing list really,
> it is not related to GRASS (thus the request),
> it is definitely a use of GDAL though (application side).
>
> I am open to any suggestions,
> Yann
>

> On 7 November 2013 16:30, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Yann,
>>
>> I'm not clear on what facilities you will need.  SVN? Trac? Mailinglist?
>>
>> The project sounds quite ... specific.  I am wondering also if it might
>> be best handled as an associated/contrib component for GDAL or GRASS.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Frank
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Yann Chemin <ychemin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Incubation Committee,
>>>
>>> Short description:
>>> Request for use of Osgeo infrastructure, without entering incubation
>>> (i.e. Osgeo lab infrastructure)
>>>

>>> Long(er) description:
>>> I have been developing a (GDAL C+OpenMP) distributed system for
>>> Evapotranspiration (ET) models benchmarking, that I have used for MODIS
>>> (1), it is the source and now mirror of the GRASS GIS image processing ET
>>> modules (same algorithms as GRASS GIS modules, but not distributed code).
>>> It does follow a rigorous framework (2) and is exactly replicable (without
>>> the data distribution though) by chaining GRASS GIS modules.
>>>
>>> This code is now ready for upscaling (i.e. global processing), and some
>>> few models are still to be tested, it should be useful to many people
>>> willing to build processing of big data like of MODIS, since the code has
>>> already processed all MODIS archive for half Australia in few days...
>>>
>>> 1 - publication:
>>> http://www.intechopen.com/books/evapotranspiration-remote-sensing-and-modeling/a-distributed-benchmarking-framework-for-actual-et-models
>>> 2 - a presentation:

warmerdam at pobox.com