[Incubator] Preliminary OSGeo Incubation Labs Inventory

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Oct 1 08:53:03 PDT 2013

Hi Landon,

On 28.09.2013, at 01:02, Landon Blake wrote:

> I'd like to ask all of the project contacts for the projects in OSGeo Labs to please subscribe to the OSGeo Incubation Committee mailing list. You can subscribe from this page:

I'm speaking for MapProxy and I'm already subscribed to the list.

> After everyone has done that (hopefully in the next few days) I'll ask for some help from you guys to complete the Incubation Labs Inventory that is attached to this e-mail. Once the inventory is complete I'll start working on some plans to help each project in labs build its community.

I've added links to the user and developer documentation on the MapProxy Labs page: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs:_MapProxy

"Estimated number of users" is difficult, but MapProxy is used by federal and state agencies around the world. You can get some download numbers here https://pypi.python.org/pypi/MapProxy

We don't have a "Branding Guide" and there are no "Events Planned" (except from presentations at FOSS4G and FOSSGIS). "Documentation Planned"? No, we already have docs :)

As for the incubation: We already applied and we even have/had a mentor (Howard Butler), but this is currently on hold because we are still lacking a larger developer community. The git repository lists 19 contributers, but most of their contributions where rather small. The last release contained two larger features by external contributors though. We will have to see how this develops.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com