[Incubator] Suggested tweaks to incubator docs

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 04:04:40 PST 2014

Activity died down over the summer holidays Cameron. Are you still
interested in updating the evaluation criteria?

Application Questionnaire feedback:
- Question 3 - I think we can leave off requesting email addresses for all
committers in what is a public document.
- Question 11 is leading. These would be better handled as individual
questions.
- Question 13 is offering too many suggestions. Just asking "What standards
does your project make use of".
- We may also just be honest and have a question about "Do you have a OSGeo
mentor" since that is the first email we end up sending out to any
applicant.

I think we could cut the number of questions by linking to a good example
that illustrates the kind of information we are requesting.

Evaluation Criteria:

Do not understand why "Project is prepared to develop in an open and
collaborative fashion." was cut, is this not the sticking point we have run
into a couple times now?

I feel that we could combine the questionnaire and the evaluation criteria.
By using italics in the template.

10. Which open source license(s) will the source code be released under?
*(We wish to confirm the code is available under an OSI approved license,
we will look at the license for code, data and documentation during the
course of incubation).*

Jody Garnett