[Incubator] incubation motions (before next board meeting)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Wed May 7 05:10:20 PDT 2014

On 06.05.2014 15:46, Jody Garnett wrote:
> We have couple email threads that require the attention of
> incubation participants. 1) istSOS is a possible new project, we
> need the motion seconded and approved in time for the next board
> meeting

For those who missed it Arnulf volunteered to act as mentor. Not sure
how the second and approval works? Any other words you need from me?

Second
+1

> 2) we have two proposals around the status template - approve a
> revised copy that no longer emphasises OSGeo infrastructure hosting
> (i.e. makes it clearly optional on request) - kill it completely
> (since it has been replaced by the checklist)

I actually worked through Incubation by heavily using the status
template. Once everything was ticked graduation became viable. The
checklist does the same thing so happy to proceed:

In short: replace this (currently official):
http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/statustemplate.html
With this (working draft):
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Graduation_Checklist

+1