[Incubator] gvSIG incubation push

Manuel Madrid mmadrid at gvsig.com
Wed Oct 1 03:25:28 PDT 2014

Hi Dimitris,

Good to hear from you again and thank you very much for being willing to
help us again. We are really almost done. Let me give you a general view
of the status of the incubation process:

We made a big effort some months ago in order to finish the main pending
task: the code provenance review. At this moment it has been completely
reviewed three core projects which together represent more than 97% of
the core source code. Also, within the rest of the core projects (less
that 3% of the total code) we reviewed the license compatibility with
external libraries so there is only missing the review of external code
and file headers of this small part of the code. We identified and fixed
all the issues that we detected within the reviewed source code.

Regarding the rest of requirements, in principle there are only two
missing documents: the release guide and the release testing checklist.
We could provide those documents in a short term but, to be honest,
unfortunately we are not going to be able to review the provenance of
the missing 3% of the code at this moment, as all our resources are
completely focused in the final release of gvSIG 2.1. We really hope
that this is not a critical issue.

You will find all the information related with the gvSIG incubation
process in the following links:

- Incubation Status:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Incubation_Status
- Incubation Checklist:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Incubation_Checklist
- Provenance review:
http://www.gvsig.org/plone/projects/gvsig-desktop/docs/devel/gvsig-devel-guide/2-1-0/provenance-review

We would very much appreciate if you can review this and let us know if
providing the documents I mentioned would be enough to get ready for the
graduation.

Of course I will be available for talking about this off-list if you want.

Best,
Manuel.