[Incubator] gvSIG incubation push

Manuel Madrid mmadrid at gvsig.com
Wed Sep 24 05:39:22 PDT 2014

Hi Jeff and all,

First of all thanks for your interest.

It is true that Dimitris Kotzinos, our mentor, was missing for quite a
long time due to personal issues but he finally contacted me and,
despite he was still very busy, he was willing to help us with the
incubation process. We had a meeting in order to review the status of
the incubation process and defined a short roadmap. Unfortunately at
that time no one at gvSIG was able to spend time in these tasks,
including myself, so the incubation process got frozen again.

I agree with you that it would be great if gvSIG pass the incubation
before the conference, specially taking into account that it's its 10th
anniversary. I'm trying to push it again. We are now working hard in the
release of the gvSIG 2.1 final version but let me check if the
developers are able to spend some time on this. Then I will contact
Dimitris again in order to know if he can help us now.

Best,
Manuel.