[Incubator] gvSIG project graduation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:30:06 PDT 2015

To return to your email (sorry I got distracted and was focused just on the
checklist and code review). Thanks for promptly answering any questions I
have had thus far.

I would like to ask the list to take the time and have a look to the
> checklist mentioned above and if anything is found out of the order
> please let me and Manuel Madrid <mmadrid at gvsig.com> know.
> I would also like to ask Jody to initiate the proper time period for
> comments and declare the time for voting when the time comes.

I had hoped to be in position to recommend gvSig graduation for this
Thursday's board meeting.

I am afraid we may of hit summer holiday or something. It may be human
nature to put off looking at paperwork until a motion is on the table
(making things more real).

I would like to see at least one other committee member review the
checklist (and providence review). This would allow us to make a motion,
and have someone second it.

P.S.2: Since during the process we had to switch from the checklist
> v.1.0 to v.2.0 of graduation requirements I was wondering what is the
> proper way to introduce comments and requests for changes for this.

I think we could take it on a case by case basis. What the incubation
process is trying to do has not changed, it was hoped that the new
checklist would make things easier and less "abstract" (and thus open to
endless discussion and wondering).

I have seen no need to go over v 1.0 vs v 2.0 graduation requirements, the
few cases I have asked for clarifications have only been to ask for links
(so members of this list and the public can have an easier time following
what work was done).

By the same token language should not be a problem - we are trying to
ensure discussion/decisions are in public (in whatever language).