[Incubator] Trademarks (was Re: [Live-demo] Retire MapTiler from OSGeo-Live)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Feb 9 00:54:54 PST 2015

Hi Jody,

Thanks for your answers.

> Trademarks is one of those issues we tend to handle off-list with mentor
> and project  leadership (and/or the board if required).

I'm wondering why it should be dealt so secretly. Isn't it of general interest
to be aware of the trademark situation of a project ? That can have impact on
if other people will be willing to participate and the risks they take into
doing so.

> It is relatively common for open source projects to be renamed due to TM
> conflict.

Yes I know. But that would be good if that can be avoided, or at least
anticipated.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com