[Incubator] [Board] Incubation nightmare

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Sat Jan 24 10:13:59 PST 2015

Hi Maxi,
without any intention of winning this contest: since our incubation ticket
creation in 2010 we are in year 5 now ;-)
-Peter

On 01/24/2015 05:58 PM, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> Dear incubation committee,
> I'm embarassed in writing this email...
>
> but after a very very long waiting I have to complain for the treatment the
> istsos software is receiving.
>
> Is the same for all the software or just this project is not considered?
>
> Almost one year ago I apply for entering incubation, the committee asks me to
> follow the procedure with form.. Then ticket.. And I fill everything.
>
> The committee said we need a mentor, Arnulf volunteered,  and the committee, I
> think, voted approving istsos to pass in incubation.
>
> Then?.... Nothing... And one year is passed!
>
> I think the committee shall make a motion to the board to approve the
> decision, but it never happened.
>
> The result? Istsos is not in incubation: not in the website nor in any talk I
> have followed.
>
> Why making a motion is so difficult?
>
> If this is the treatment for new software approaching our community I believe
> something does not work at all!
>
> I know people are volunteer and not paid,  but the welcome steps are minimal:
> reading a page, vote, and make a motion.
>
> If we get stack here, and after several remainders from my side, this is
> really discouraging.
>
> Sorry for this email.
>
> Massimiliano

Dr. Peter Baumann
   mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
   tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
   www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 1083)