[Incubator] GeoNode Incubation Application

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 09:29:03 PDT 2015

Hi Folks,

I've just submitted an application for Incubation for the GeoNode
project. We are nearing a 2.4 release and have been meaning to get
this process started for quite a while.

https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1513

Its not totally clear what the next steps are, but I believe we should
find a mentor to work with us and take the next steps with the mentor.
Paul or Jody are you up for that? We would be honored to have either
one of you help us through.

NOTE: The largest issue we forsee is that we would like to transfer
copyright from OpenPlans to OSGeo. Im not sure how this has been
handled in the past, but there must be some precedent?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff