[Incubator] [OSGeo-Discuss] New incubation procedure

Landon Blake sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:54:33 PDT 2015

Long thread...I sort of adopted "OSGeo Labs" from whoever had started it.
The concept was to give assistance to a couple types of projects interested
in incubation. The first was a project interested in incubation but not yet
assigned a full-time mentor. The second was for new or immature projects
that needed help building up their community of developers/users before
applying for incubation.

Having said that, I don't have a problem with a name change to avoid
confusion with the academic activities. I know this discussion has be
lengthy, but I think it is a healthy discussion.

Do we need to do more research/have more discussion, or do we want to take
some straw polls on moving forward in a specific direction?

Landon