[Incubator] Mentor contact info

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:13:05 PDT 2015

I would *love* anyone (and everyone) to step forward as a mentor.

>From the wiki page there is link to open applications:

*
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=Incubator&keywords=%7Eapplication&order=priority

Different projects will require different levels of support, but there is
no need to do it all yourself. The primary responsibility of a mentor is to
sign up to a projects list and say hi - answer any questions about OSGeo
and what is going on. Occasionally a project will have questions to take
back to the incubation list, but the project leadership is often in
position to share this work.

The one judgement call to make is choosing when to recommend a project for
graduation. Our checklist is pretty solid so this is easier than it used to
be. By signing up to the development list you are in position to answer
questions on how open a team is with its decision making process (but often
the checklist can link to email discussion).