[Incubator] [OSGeo-Discuss] New incubation procedure

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 16:45:59 PDT 2015

Returning to this email thread:

1 - attract more projects to osgeo umbrella
> 2 - attract little projects to osgeo umbrella
> 3 - attract more volunteers to incubation

 I am happy with either wiki or IRC meeting to work through these topics.

4 - define, what should happen after successful incubation, because I do
> not believe in "and lived happily ever after" - to become the project,
> certain level (checklist) has to be reached. But what if the project looses
> it's community?

The last topic is a subject for the projects mailing list (I think we would
need feedback from existing project officers). I note we have a procedure
for retiring a project, individual projects may also have language
returning control of a project to the OSGeo board (in the even the PSC
cannot make quorum).

Reference:

*
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/developer/policies/psc.html#dissolution-of-psc