[Incubator] Request GPlates to join OSGeo Incubation process...

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Oct 28 05:27:53 PDT 2015

Hi Jody,

Actually Peter Loewe (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Peter_Loewe) and I
had been speaking with John offline, and in fact Peter has already been
doing a great job in helping John/GPlates along this process.  Peter of
course would be an excellent mentor for GPlates (he's the current OSGeo
OpenGeoscience committee chair, but I don't think that would affect things).

Peter: are you interested in filling the mentor role for the GPlates
incubation process?  Jody and the incubation team will guide you through
the requirements, and your role would be to then help John & the GPlates
team make sure that each requirement is made (you aren't actually doing
any work, just guiding GPlates through the process).

Thanks,

-jeff