[Incubator] so about that incubator application questionnaire

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:02:15 PDT 2015

+1 for updating "incubation application" doc.

I started updating this Incubator Application doc a while back:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubator_Application_Questionnaire

In particular, I think we can also consider rationalising the
Application Questionaire by referencing the Project Graduation checklist:
/"Do you anticipate your project will encounter issues addressing the
criteria of the Project_Graduation_Checklist? Please explain what areas
need to be addressed in order to meet this criteria."/

I also think the "Project Evaluation Criteria" should be deprecated as
its content is mostly covered in other docs. Any remaining content can
be copied into other docs:

On 31/10/2015 3:16 am, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Okay, so usual drill, i will make a wiki page with the changes, and
> then we can make a motion when the committee is done editing.

> On 30 October 2015 at 05:37, Jeff McKenna
> <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com <mailto:jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi Jody,
>
>     I like your proposed changes (especially the one for #5 hosting).
>
>     -jeff
>

>     On 2015-10-30 12:56 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
>         I think we could fix this
>         <http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/application.html> one
>         up a bit...
>
>         - get the project name, open source license and principal
>         project up at
>         the top of the list
>         - call it "incubation application"
>         - change the "hosting" question to say "Why is joining OSGeo
>         good for
>         your project?"
>         - group topics together
>         - factor out the examples so they do not interrupt the
>         question (as we
>         did for the checklist)
>         - remove all the host questions (22,18)
>         --