[Incubator] quick update / feedback prior to osgeo meeting

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:42:35 PST 2016

Hi all: short update from PyWPS:

- we have ironed out much of the confusion between PyWPS 3 and 4
into a single codebase with a clean organization between branches/master [1].
This includes a license change (from GPL to MIT) between versions 3 and 4 (note
version 4 is a clean rewrite/not derived)
- we have started documenting dev processes and infrastructure [2][3] in
order to improve consistency within the project
- we have beefed up project marketing (finally acquiring the pywps.org domain,
updates on Nabble, OpenHub, OSGeo Planet, etc.) [4]
- we have stood up a demo server on http://demo.pywps.org [5] which will serve
instances in support of OGC compliance and reference implementations

Next steps:
- include PyWPS in OSGeo Live
- continue Incubation checklist
- perform provenance review against master

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/PyWPS
[2] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/TechnicalInfrastructure
[3] https://github.com/geopython/pywps/wiki/Templates