[Incubator] SLD Editor

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 20:37:28 PDT 2016

Hi Robert,

This looks very promising. Well done!

I can see the need for this type of functionality within a range of open
spatial apps, from Desktop GIS through to a range of server apps including
MapServer and GeoServer.

Therefore your code may better sit within one of the existing libraries,
rather than going through the effort of establishing and maintaining a
project just for this product.

I suspect that this may be what you had in mind when you were looking at
GeoTools.

@Jody,

Where does the GeoTools community sit in relation to cross language support
so that GeoTools can be used by non-Java applications like QGIS and
MapServer? Have Java bridging approaches proven very effective?

Bruce