[Incubator] Motion: Remove Rasdaman from Incubation

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Thu May 19 03:26:51 PDT 2016

-0

Sigh. Are we not opening another can of worms now because we have not
really well specified what a "community project" is? So far it was
projects that were somehow "too small" to go through full incubation or
not "mature" enough. Are we now pushing failed incubators into it?

...later: After carefully rereading the OSGeo Community Projects [1] web
page I guess my vote goes to:

+0

Still some reservations because from the little I understand about the
technology, rasdaman seems to be a perfect candidate for full
graduation. It is just this silly little detail of having an
individual's name in a generic governance document where it does not
belong. Plus that the PSC is really small and therefore appears to be
limiting the potential of the project. But if that is how the project
wants to go ahead, so be it.

Have fun,
Arnulf

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects

On 19.05.2016 00:24, Bruce Bannerman wrote:
> Dear Incubation Committee,
>
> Reminder:
>
> This motion is drawing to a close.
>
> Please ensure that you register your vote ASAP.
>
> This is not a time to be sitting on the fence and relying on others to
> do the work.
>
> The current tally stands as follows:
>
> The votes cast on this motion are:
>
>    - Bruce Bannerman
>    - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
>    - Landon Blake
>    - Howard Butler
>    - Arnulf Christl
>    - Jody Garnett              +1
>    - Dimitris Kotzinos
>    - Tom Kralidis
>    - Julien-Samuel Lacroix     +1
>    - Mark Lucas
>    - Steve Lime
>    - Daniel Morissette         +1
>    - Markus Schneider
>    - Cameron Shorter           +1
>    - Jeroen Ticheler           +1
>    - Norman Vine
>    - Frank Warmerdam
>

> Bruce
>

> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Jeroen Ticheler
> <jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net <mailto:jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net>> wrote:
>

>     Op 12 mei 2016 om 00:44 heeft Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>> het volgende geschreven:
>
>>     Motion:
>>

>>         1.   The Rasdaman Project is to be removed from the OSGeo
>>         Incubation process.
>>

>>     +1 Removing Rasdaman
>
>     +1
>

>>         2.   The Rasdaman Project is to be now classified as an OSGeo
>>         Community Project.
>>

>>     +1 On accepting Rasdaman as a community project (although I would
>>     like confirmation Peter that this is in fact his wish)
>
>     +1
>>

>>         3.   Invite the Rasdaman Community to re-apply for OSGeo
>>         Incubation, should they decide to revise their Governance
>>         Process in the future.
>>

>>     Our incubation process remains open, limited by available volunteers.
>>
>>     Cameron thanks for seeking clarification, and your kind words.
>>     Thanks also to both Peter and Bruce for their commitment in this
>>     matter.
>
>     +1
>
>     Jeroen
>>

>>         Bruce Bannerman
>>         OSGeo Mentor to the Rasdaman Project

Arnulf Christl

We help you organize your spatial data
Open Source - Open Data - Open Standards
Metaspatial: http://metaspatial.net/