[Incubator] making a formal community projects document

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu May 26 05:00:59 PDT 2016

On 2016-05-25 8:36 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> For incubation we have a number of formal documents on our website. How
> do people feel about doing a similar thing for community projects?
>
> Reference:
> - http://www.osgeo.org/incubator
> - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects

I have no strong opinion on this... but since you asked...

Community projects (formerly labs) used to be a more or less informal
thing in my mind and in that context the wiki page that we got was
enough. However if we want to spend more efforts reviewing those
community projects and promoting them (via the osgeo.org site for
instance) then I guess I'd agree that it would make sense to have more
formal documents on osgeo.org describing what community projects are
about, what the rules/expectations are, etc.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/

http://evouala.com/ - Location Intelligence Made Easy