[Incubator] making a formal community projects document

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:20:23 PDT 2016

I suggest if reviewing/rewriting rules/expectations for Community
Projects, also read the selection criteria for OSGeo-Live [1].
I think the selection criteria for OSGeo-Live and Community Projects
have similarities, so we should aim to use common language in these cases.

[1]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#How_to_add_a_project_to_OSGeoLive

On 27/05/2016 3:15 am, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Any objection with starting from the current wiki page? It does a
> decent job of communicating rules/expectations.

> On 26 May 2016 at 05:00, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com
> <mailto:dmorissette at mapgears.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2016-05-25 8:36 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
>         For incubation we have a number of formal documents on our
>         website. How
>         do people feel about doing a similar thing for community projects?
>
>         Reference:
>         - http://www.osgeo.org/incubator
>         - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects
>

>     I have no strong opinion on this... but since you asked...
>
>     Community projects (formerly labs) used to be a more or less
>     informal thing in my mind and in that context the wiki page that
>     we got was enough. However if we want to spend more efforts
>     reviewing those community projects and promoting them (via the
>     osgeo.org <http://osgeo.org> site for instance) then I guess I'd
>     agree that it would make sense to have more formal documents on
>     osgeo.org <http://osgeo.org> describing what community projects
>     are about, what the rules/expectations are, etc.
>

>     --
>     Daniel Morissette
>     http://www.mapgears.com/
>     T: +1 418-696-5056 #201 <tel:%2B1%20418-696-5056%20%23201>
>
>     http://evouala.com/ - Location Intelligence Made Easy

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager
LISAsoft