[Incubator] [Live-demo] Tinyows in OSGeoLive & OSGeo Logo

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Thu Jul 6 06:48:56 PDT 2017

Now I deduce the logo is to be kept for tinyows on the OSGeo Live
documentation about it, (even that the project is retired and no longer
available in OSGeo Live).
I haven't done any change to tinyows.

PS
I'll postpone changes on the logo in retired projects in OSGeo Live. I am
working on the projects that are in V11 first.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>
wrote:

> On 2017-07-06 12:50 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
>
>> Yes thank you, please remove the OSGeo logo from tinyows (the project did
>> not go through incubation).
>>

> Jody,
>
> TinyOWS is handled as a part of the MapServer project. Think of it as an
> extension module that would have been contributed as a single commit to the
> MapServer project by its author.
>
> The following RFC documents its integration into MapServer:
>
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-70.html
>
> Now, it is true that the complete integration that we had in mind
> initially did not materialize, and not much new development has been
> happening on this piece of code since then, but it is still functional and
> being used. So until the MapServer PSC decides to deprecate this component
> (not likely to happen soon IMHO) I think it can still be considered as a
> component of MapServer.
>

> --
> Daniel Morissette
> Mapgears Inc