[Incubator] incubation committee, and participating projects, budget planning

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Tue Nov 14 18:42:16 PST 2017

Dear Jody,
Thanks for the work.
istSOS is requesting 3'000 USD to run sprint code and incubation sprint in
2018.

Best,
Maxi

Il 09 nov 2017 1:58 PM, "Jody Garnett" <jody.garnett at gmail.com> ha scritto:

I took a run at it earlier today, zoo-project and pywps has already started
:)

Can I ask project mentors to reach out to our project teams and ask if they
have any budget requests, or code sprints to plan for 2018,

   - Opticks
   - MetaCRS
   - istSOS
   - PyWPS - unclear if requested funding last year
   - Team Engine
   - ZOO-Project - has requested $2000

And community projects:

   - Geoinformatica
   - GeoWebCache
   - MapProxy
   - pgRouting
   - Postal Address Geo-Coder
   - Virtual Terrain Project

Here is the request from Maria:

Dear fellow member,

I am reaching you because you are the official contact of one of the
commitees of OSGeo: http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/board_and_off
icers.html

We are trying to collect the budget requests for each commitee before the
next board meeting (21st of November) to make sure we can approve them
before the start of the year. If your committee has any request for budget
for 2018, this is the time and place to do so.

To send it, you can either answer this email or send the budget directly to
the board mailing list. Either way, it will end up in the board mailing
list.

Some resources that may help you on this task:
 * https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2017
 * https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2018

At this moment (next two weeks) it doesn't have to be very detailed
(although it will help us). We just need to know your plans for next year
to make sure we can allocate money for all of our needs. And if we can't,
we need to discuss priorities.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Please, contact your
fellow commitee members to make sure nothing important is missing on your
budget request.

Thanks for your collaboration,
MarĂ­a.