[Incubator] Website Jan 15th relaunch - Incubation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 12:04:15 PST 2018

Let see:

1) Please rescue the existing content to the wiki, especially how we run
our committee.
2) And then start editing that page to be focused why we care about open
source :)

Here is some draft content:

*As a Software Foundation OSGeo is responsible for supporting our great
collection of projects, and fostering new talent and innovation. OSGeo
helps projects technically, supporting developers with a community of their
peers, socially with community building and outreach, and professionally
ensuring that each project is governed in a fair and sustainable manner.*

*OSGeo Community** projects are lightweight, innovative, and **in the
process of building their community. OSGeo provides community projects
friendly environment for collaboration and innovation.*

*OSGeo Projects are established, trusted and have shown themselves to be
sustainable. In addition being open source, participatory and geospatial
these projects have met our stringent “incubation” requirements.*

*The Incubator committee is responsible for welcoming community projects
into our foundation, and running the incubation process to **recognize**
new OSGeo projects.*

There are a couple of diagrams to go with above (we have original vector as
well).