[Incubator] about the website and reviewing incoming projects

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:45:55 PST 2018

Some of the feedback (and questions) I have gotten privately points out
that we do not ask very much more out of our "osgeo community" projects. I
think that is by design, we would like OSGeo to be an organization that is
easy to join.

Something to consider:

a) relax the requirement to be listed on the website to just be "open
source license" (ie no check of headers)

b) increate the requirement for "osgeo community" to include making a
release

What do you think?