[Incubator] Joining committee

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Wed Jan 24 03:03:30 PST 2018

Hi List,

Thanks Jody,

So to introduce myself...

I'm Jo (Hi), I work for Astun Technology in the UK as a consultant and
metadata lead, I'm also the chair of the OSGeo:UK local chapter, an ex
board member, and the creator/maintainer of Portable GIS and can be found
lurking on the internets as archaeogeek. I'm kind of new to the more
structured side of software development, having had to teach myself as I go
along with Portable GIS. I would hope that means I can provide
newbie-friendly guidance to other "beginners" wishing to develop their
projects as OSGeo Community Projects. I also (shock) quite like helping
with documentation, as it's a good way a non-coder can help out, so I hope
I can find some time to assist with the Incubation Committee pages on the
wiki and the website. Apologies for not stepping up to offer this sooner,
but I have had some fairly serious work commitments to get out of the way
first.

Thanks

Jo

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 6:19 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wow Jo - that would be *great* - we would love to have you.
>
> Landon copied our committee procedure to the wiki
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Incubation_Committee#Committee_Members>
> (thanks Landon). Long story short all you have to do joint the committee is
> sign into the mailing list and introduce yourself to volunteer ..
>
> So about that introduction ...

> On 23 January 2018 at 09:29, Jo Cook <jocook at astuntechnology.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Incubation List,
>>
>> I'd like to join the committee, if that's OK? At the very least I can
>> help shepherd prospective community projects through the process.
>>
>> All the best
>>
>> Jo
>>
>> --
>> *Jo Cook*
>> t:+44 7930 524 155 <+44%207930%20524155>/twitter:@archaeogeek
>> Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent
>> phone our office on 01372 744009
>>

>> --
>> Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey,
>> KT18 7RL, UK
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=17+West+Street,+Epsom,+Surrey,+KT18+7RL,+UK&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>
>> t:+44 1372 744 009 <+44%201372%20744009> w: astuntechnology.com twitter:
>> @astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>
>>
>> iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
>> <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
>> GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
>> <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
>> Helpdesk and customer portal
>> <http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>
>>
>> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
>> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=120+Manor+Green+Road,+Epsom,+Surrey,+KT19+8LN&entry=gmail&source=g>
>> VAT no. 864201149.

*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
<https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
Helpdesk and customer portal