[Incubator] motion: accept blink as a community project

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Mon Jan 29 07:04:32 PST 2018

I'm -1 for a couple of reasons:

- There's no activity on the GitHub that shows there's a community there yet. There isn't one closed or open issue, and there's only one pull request with a typo fix from an outside contributor.
- Incubation is a burden on the contributor base of the OSGeo organization, and the effort should be saved for projects that are very likely to be successful.

I'm :thumbsup: on the Blink library itself, and it looks quite interesting. I think Blink should resubmit itself for OSGeo incubation once it has some of the properties that OSGeo desires for incubating projects. These include a compatible project governance model and significant contributions from more than one primary contributor or organization.

Howard