[Incubator] motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:06:23 PDT 2018

Earlier this week *MapCentia GC2* sent in an application to the OSGeo
Community program, the project is split across two repositories:

https://github.com/mapcentia/geocloud2 - GC2: Combines PostGIS, MapServer,
QGIS Server, MapCache, Elasticsearch,  ogr2ogr and more into one
easy-to-use web application

https://github.com/mapcentia/vidi - Vidi: A modern take on web GIS. It is
the front-end for GC2.

This project meets our OSGeo community requirements:

1. geospatial
2. open source license, with source code check of headers
3. accepts contributions

*This has been verified by checking the GitHub LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and
README files. For web client software we discussed double checking if a web
service license key is required, in this case both the service and client
code is supplied.*
This motion is held open until Nov 10th to give everyone a chance to vote
(require a 50% response rate for "quorum"):

   - Bruce Bannerman
   - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
   - Landon Blake
   - Howard Butler
   - Arnulf Christl
   - Jo Cook
   - Jody Garnett +1 initial motion
   - Dimitris Kotzinos
   - Tom Kralidis
   - Julien-Samuel Lacroix
   - Mark Lucas
   - Steve Lime
   - Daniel Morissette
   - Markus Schneider
   - Cameron Shorter
   - Norman Vine
   - Frank Warmerdam

Community support:

   - Martin Høgh has brought this application to the incubation committee
   - Additional community support and encouragement for MapCentia GC2 is of
   course welcome!