[Incubator] motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Mon Oct 29 08:55:53 PDT 2018

+1, welcome!

From: Incubator [mailto:incubator-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Jody Garnett
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:06 PM
To: OSGeo-incubator <incubator at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [Incubator] motion: Accept MapCentia GC2 to OSGeo Community

Earlier this week MapCentia GC2 sent in an application to the OSGeo Community program, the project is split across two repositories:

https://github.com/mapcentia/geocloud2 - GC2: Combines PostGIS, MapServer, QGIS Server, MapCache, Elasticsearch,  ogr2ogr and more into one easy-to-use web application

https://github.com/mapcentia/vidi - Vidi: A modern take on web GIS. It is the front-end for GC2.

This project meets our OSGeo community requirements:

1. geospatial
2. open source license, with source code check of headers
3. accepts contributions

This has been verified by checking the GitHub LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and README files. For web client software we discussed double checking if a web service license key is required, in this case both the service and client code is supplied.
This motion is held open until Nov 10th to give everyone a chance to vote (require a 50% response rate for "quorum"):

  *   Bruce Bannerman
  *   Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
  *   Landon Blake
  *   Howard Butler
  *   Arnulf Christl
  *   Jo Cook
  *   Jody Garnett +1 initial motion
  *   Dimitris Kotzinos
  *   Tom Kralidis
  *   Julien-Samuel Lacroix
  *   Mark Lucas
  *   Steve Lime
  *   Daniel Morissette
  *   Markus Schneider
  *   Cameron Shorter
  *   Norman Vine
  *   Frank Warmerdam
Community support:

  *   Martin Høgh has brought this application to the incubation committee
  *   Additional community support and encouragement for MapCentia GC2 is of course welcome!