[Incubator] motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 22:11:01 PDT 2019

Good evening, the GeoExt project is working on setting up a website page in
another email thread.

I would like to make a motion in the hopes of getting the project accepted
intimate for the foss4g conference next week.

 - motion: Accept "GeoExt" as a community project

https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/

The project has done a great job on the "basics" we require and has been
very helpful digging into the history of their codebase.

1. The project has  dual license GPL / BSD (with a FAQ for the curious)
2. Checking source code headers and history
3. Setting up appropriate LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and README files (for
github projects)

The project has a development.md
<https://github.com/geoext/geoext3/blob/master/development.md> which
indicates that the project is open for collaboration (what we care about),
indeed it goes the extra mile and asks contributors to sign a contribution
agreement. While we would recommend adding a CONTRIBUTING.md file with this
information the topic is handled.

This motion is held open until August 28th to give this project a chance to
be accepted prior to foss4G:

- Bruce Bannerman
- Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
- Landon Blake