[Incubator] motion: Accept GeoExt as an OSGeo Community Project

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Tue Aug 20 05:13:02 PDT 2019

+1

Jo

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 11:36 AM Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 Cameron
>
> On 20/8/19 3:40 pm, Tom Kralidis wrote:
>
> +1
>
> ..Tom
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 20, 2019, at 08:11, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Good evening, the GeoExt project is working on setting up a website page in another email thread.
>
> I would like to make a motion in the hopes of getting the project accepted intimate for the foss4g conference next week.
>
>  - motion: Accept "GeoExt" as a community project
>
> https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/
>
> The project has done a great job on the "basics" we require and has been very helpful digging into the history of their codebase.
>
> 1. The project has  dual license GPL / BSD (with a FAQ for the curious)
> 2. Checking source code headers and history
> 3. Setting up appropriate LICENSE, CONTRIBUTING and README files (for
> github projects)
>
> The project has a development.md which indicates that the project is open for collaboration (what we care about), indeed it goes the extra mile and asks contributors to sign a contribution agreement. While we would recommend adding a CONTRIBUTING.md file with this information the topic is handled.
>
> This motion is held open until August 28th to give this project a chance to be accepted prior to foss4G:
>
> - Bruce Bannerman
> - Bob (CI-StPaul) Basques
> - Landon Blake
> - Howard Butler
> - Arnulf Christl
> - Jo Cook
> - Jody Garnett +1
> - Dimitris Kotzinos
> - Tom Kralidis
> - Julien-Samuel Lacroix
> - Mark Lucas
> - Steve Lime
> - Daniel Morissette
> - Markus Schneider
> - Cameron Shorter
> - Norman Vine
> - Frank Warmerdam

> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier
>
> M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
urgent responses at that time, please visit
support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.