[Incubator] Application to host Open Source Project "actinia" under the umbrella of OSGeo

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:49:26 PST 2019

I have just sent the motion off to the email list, in checking files I had
a couple questions:

1) Scripts (
https://github.com/mundialis/actinia_core/blob/master/scripts/ace_test.sh)
do not contain a header, do you care? You can argue that they do not
represent shippable code and thus do not need to be marked as opensource,
but that is up to the project team to consider ... it may just be an
oversight?
2) File (
https://github.com/mundialis/actinia_core/blob/master/scripts/exporter/exporter.py)
show a header with "(C) 2018-2018 by the GRASS Development Team" - can
someone confirm that GRASS Development Team is a legal entity? I just ask
because we got in trouble with geotools incubation because "GeoTools PMC
Committee" was not a legal entity and could not hold a copyright. If GRASS
Development Team has been set up as an organization all is fine, if not
perhaps consider contacting contributors with a CLA
<https://www.osgeo.org/about/licenses/> to donate the code to OSGeo?

Aside: *Checking GRASS codebase
(https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/raster/r.in.ascii/main.c
<https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/raster/r.in.ascii/main.c>) shows
this same "GRASS Development Team", so perhaps this is a larger question
then just this single project? It is entirely possible that GRASS graduated
and we have since learned how to do better ....*