[Incubator] Application to accept pygeoapi as OSGeo Community Project

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 06:03:48 PDT 2019

Hi Jody and thanks for the feedback.

Comments inline:

On 6/3/19 10:53 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> First up welcome pygeoapi and thanks for your application.
>
> The first thing I checked was if the project has an osgeo project page (it
> does https://www.osgeo.org/projects/pygeoapi/). I think the "emerging suite
> of OGC API standards" has a name of some sort but I agree it has not been
> fixed yet?  I like that there is a demo server :)

The standard name was switched from WFS3 to OGC API - Features but lets
wait for the OGC Hackathon to be over to make sure another change does
not happen. We will update the page once we have feedback.

> 1. Geospatial
>
> README.md <https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/blob/master/README.md>,
> looks good :) As above you may wish to name the standard being implemented.

Will be added as above

Fixed in https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/pull/165

Fixed in https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/pull/164

> 4. License headers [8]
>
> Doing a few spot checks:
> - pygeoapi-serverless-config.yml
> <https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/blob/master/aws-lambda/pygeoapi-serverless-config.yml>
> -
> needs header
> - pygeoapi/debian/copyright
> <https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/blob/master/debian/copyright> -
> actually has a different license
> - pygeoapi/docker/entrypoint.sh - needs header
> - pygeoapi/docker/examples - no sign of header?
> - pygeoapi/api.py
> <https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/blob/master/pygeoapi/api.py> - core
> code looks good
> - tests/data/README.md - nicely done documenting where sample data was
> obtained from :)

Fixed in https://github.com/geopython/pygeoapi/pull/165

> Let me know about the feedback above, and thanks again for your application

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD