[Incubator] istSOS incubation

Aarnio Timo (MML) timo.aarnio at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Sep 30 22:58:07 PDT 2019

Dear Jody & incubator-list,

Many thanks for you comments and sorry for letting this slip on a break again! Here are hopefully some answers and at least clarifying questions:

- We have not conducted a providence review other than what has been stated below “(All code has been developed by the registered developers listed on github who have signed the CLA. All external libraries have project compatible licenses. The project has been started as a regular Open Source project following the guidelines as set out by OSGeo. A file-per-file code review was therefore deemed superfluous.)”
- Can you clarify which details are such that should be included in each distribution? I feel like this could be something we could rather easily meet if we don’t already.
- I presume you are talking about the jetty-package we ship for each release with the WAR. I can look into that, there most probably should be a LICENSE-description included!
- As for the headers in Java source code files, I cannot say I’m a 100% on this but I remember there being some kind of discussion that ended to the conclusion that they are not needed. At least if we add them it’ll look funny on GitHub as all of the .java files will have changes. Not that it couldn’t be done though, if you think it is necessary?
- SMAKINEN is Sami Mäkinen, our architect :) on GitHub his nickname is ZakarFin and SMAKINEN is his username in our organization.

- headers for properties file(s) is something we can also look at, I’ll discuss this with Sami among others in the project

In FOSS4G Bucharest we had a nice discussion with Astrid Emde about OSGeo Live, not going into details now, but that’s something we might actually be interested in as well later on.

Again, many thanks for your help!

BR,
Timo