[Incubator] Bezitopo and PerfectTIN

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 14:31:31 PST 2020

Thanks!

Going over our quick checklist ...

https://github.com/phma/bezitopo
1. Geospatial
- README - described as "land surveying programming" so very much geospatial
- I would recommend changing to README.md markdown if you are hosted on
GitHub

2. Open Source
- File headers have LGPL boilerplate, indicating "You should have received
a copy of the GNU General Public License and Lesser General Public License
along with Bezitopo"
- I do not see a LICENSE.txt or LICENSE.md included in the source code
repository? ...
- aside: Amusingly GitHub picked up
<https://github.com/phma/bezitopo/community> that the COPYING file was GPL,
and I see COPYING.LESSER is LGPL. These two do not mix!
- Can you explain why two licenses are present? The terms of GPL mean that
any LGPL code you are bundling here is actually distributed as GPL...

3. Accepts contributions
- AUTHORS <https://github.com/phma/bezitopo/blob/master/AUTHORS> shows one
person
- pull-requests <https://github.com/phma/bezitopo/pulls> shows 0, ...
- Recommend adding a CONTRIBUTING.md (shown to contributors when they make
a pull-request) so you can be clear the project is open to working with
others