[Incubator] Application OSGeo - GISCollective

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 16 10:20:03 PDT 2022

Bogdan

Good news, the osgeo board just shared their guidance
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2022-04-25#Boundary_condition_of_the_open-source_software_foundation_with_respect_to_the_transition_of_software_to_services>
:

*Boundary condition of the open-source software foundation with respect to
the transition of software to services*

   - *Jody brought this up and is asking the board if we’re ok to include
      or endorse SaaS*
      - *We agree that If the code used in the SaaS (Software as a Service)
      is deployable on its own instances then it can be treated as a project.*
      - *The service is not the interesting part, the deployable code is.*
      - *The projects wanting to be incubated are to prove that they are
      deployable*

With that in mind I would like to consider your docker images as meeting
that deployable part (is there an example, such as a documentation that we
can use to show this :)

Whew, what a challenge it has been to communicate on this topic.